The best recorder app for android should provide at least the following two requirements:
- It should be hidden/stealthy. Concretely, the recorder should still work even when the touch screen of the mobile device has been switched off or the user is browsing other contents.
- The user should be able to schedule future recordings. Especially for periodically occuring events, such as weekly lectures, the recorder should be just configured once and do its work smoothly and silently.
All of these two basic requirements are fullfiled by the "CinixSoft Voice Recorder". No other market products as to the writing of this blog could do both of these.
There are two version available for the "CinixSoft Voice Recorder".
- the free version, which the user can download and try without any fee. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cinix.mobile.record)
- the PRO version, which provides more interesting user experience and contains no ads. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cinix.mobile.recordpro)
First, if you start download the "CinixSoft Voice Recorder", the interface with four tabs will show. Since no recording has been scheduled or started, the default [Record] tab shows no current activity. Once you click the [Start] Button, a current recording is started, with the ellapsed recording time appears on the screen in green color.
In the background actually, the app will insert an event into the schedule with the default name "audio". The duration of this kind of casual recording can be set in the preference menu.
If we switch now to the [Schedule] tab, we see a calendar. If recording has been scheduled for a certain day, that day will be marked with a recording icon.
If you click a specific day, you will go into the day view, where you can schedule recordings by just tapping on the day view screen.
By clicking the [Create] button, a one-time recording event will be added. If you click the [Edit] button, you have more configuration options for the recording event, especially the repeat config.
For the repeat config of the recording event, you have all possible possibilities commonly used. These include:
- On weekdays
- Only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Only on Tuesday and Thursday
For each type of repeat config, you have the corresponding parameters to set, which are very intuitive to understand and follow.
Once you have configured all events you need and you want to change the time range of its setting, just long-press the window for each event, you see that the background color of the event windows changes.
Just drag and drop the event window to whereever you want. You see that the time will be updated during the drap-and-drop process.
If we expand all the events to its individual recordings, these recordings are listed in the [Queue] tab as follows.
The old recording will be marked with gray background, since they already belong to the past. For these past recordings, if you click the entry in the queue, you will be led to the operation interface which will be talked about later. On the [Queue] tab, if the current recording is running, a progress bar appears to show you the progress. Other scheduled recordings will be wait there being triggered.
On the [Audio] tab, all the recorded files will be listed, together with the duration and the length of each recorded file.
If you click on the audio file, you will led to the operation interface, as when you click on the old entry in the [Queue] tab.
Through the operation interface, six operations are provided.
- Play: used to playback the audio file.
- Comment: let you put some comments for the circumstances you recorded this file, as shown in the end.
- Rename: rename the file. Note that if you rename the file, the app might not be able to find the file based on the entry that you clicked on the [Queue] tab.
- Copy to SD Card: this option is used to copy the current audio file onto the internal SD card, which is then publicly seen by other apps of your device.
- Share: share you audio through any possible means, such as email, facebook, etc. Note that for sharing the audio should be publicly accessible. That is the reason why you always need to copy the audio file you want to share firstly onto the SD card.
- Delete: used to delete the audio file.
There is a built-in menu for this app as follows.
If you click [help], you can see the help for this app, where detailed explanations of each tab are available.
With [About] menu, you see the relevant informations about this app.
The "CinixSoft Voice Recorder" is the only app that provided both stealth and scheduling functionalites, as far as to the writing of this blog. Enjoy it and I hope you share with me your comments, ratings, suggestions or any related issues.
I have tried my best to test this app. However, as you know, there might always be some possible bugs inside the app. Although such cases would rarely happen, I would still appreciate your writing me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before you give a bad rating so that I have the chance to correct the bug for you.
Thanks and enjoy!